To experiment with this yarn, I decided to work the Seashore Kerchief pattern by Churchmouse Yarns. It had been in my Ravelry queue for awhile, waiting for just the right yarn to appear. I decided to take a chance with the Kimera yarn and see what happened and OH do I LOVE the results. Kimera was an absolute delight to work with. There were no issues with knots, splitting or tangles in the ball. The Seashore Kerchief pattern was very quick, I think I completed it in a single day. It was well written and very easy to understand and work. I am delighted with how the kerchief turned out, my only criticism would be that I would have preferred it to be a little larger, as there was not enough of a tail for it to be tied or wrapped around my neck. If I make another one, I will either cast on extra stitches or knit on larger needles with larger yarn. (NOTE: I did not check my gauge, so it is possible that my gauge was off, which is what resulted in the smaller size.) What I ended up doing is just sewing the ends together, as I wove in my ends. It is loose enough to slip over my head, so it works perfectly. I love the decorative cast on edge and the kitchener BO at the neckline was a unique finish. I had not previously worked a shawl in this manner and as a designer I am always interested in new techniques for finishing or starting projects.
Definitely a pattern I will work again or will use as a template with a new pattern stitch.